Saturday 11 November 2017

IR Haller


I seem to have recovered my Seven Years War painting mojo.  Here are a couple of pics of IR Haller.  I’ll complete another Hungarian regiment and see how I’m going.  

All the toys are Blue Moon 15/18mm.  They are very nice but it is as well to carefully clean them up before painting as very fine wires of flash cling to the castings and may only become visible during painting.



The lovely flags are from Kronoscaf.  http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Main_Page

As Honours of War requires five bases per unit compared to Field of Battle’s four I’m making up the difference with a base of Grenadiers.  These of course can happily be brigaded together for Field of Battle games.  Also painting 6 grenadiers at a time is not an overwhelming task.  Once again I'm appreciating the six figures per 30 x 30 base effect.

All good.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! As for "wires of flash," you are spot on! I have the same issue with Perry figures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Jonathan. Yes, it took me a while to realise these things are ubiquitous on Blue Moon 7YW.

    ReplyDelete