Sunday 5 November 2017

Jumping the painting queue

As I anticipated 30 Hungarian infantry have jumped the queue on the painting table.  Five bases, for Honours of War you see, at six figures a base, its slow progress. It’s Regiment Haller which has a very pretty uniform.  




In between drying times for undercoating, block painting, inking, highlighting and varnishing other projects have momentarily surfaced.  This is good for morale. 

They come in happy, handy numbers like six, six figures are good.  So, units of:

Hun Nobles, from Donnington.  We have very little idea of what Huns looked like so I went for a mix of eastern and western styles.



Restoration Heavy Cavalry also from Donnington.


and Grenadiers origin ditto.



have made it to completion or are near enough ready for Rampant’in or Lamenting.

While we are looking on things piecemeal here are some lovely Fantassin Dutch and Poles for my Peninsular project.  Fantassin were not always as good as this, but when they were they were very good indeed.  








I must get round to photographing my Peninsular armies.

2 comments:

  1. IR Haller is a favorite of mine as well! The the gaming table, it is easy to identify.

    Good to see some Fantassin on your paint desk too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing IR Haller on the table.

    Fantassin can be very good. They deserved more recognition I think. Xan, by I think the same sculptor are very impressive indeed.

    ReplyDelete